Topping the list of officials that Zuma plans to remove are:
• Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan, who with his Deputy Mcebisi Jonas, and Director General of Treasury, Lungisa Fuzile, have blocked pressure for more patronage projects (AC Vol 57 No 24, Gordhan in ratings war);
• Tourism Minister Derek Hanekom, who led the rebellion against Zuma at the NEC;
• Science and Technology Minister Naledi Pandor;
• Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi;
• National Education Minister and leader of the South African Communist Party (SACP) Blade Nzimande, who made a scathing attack on Zuma on 9 December...