Others who may join and were mostly representated at the London rally include:
• the Beja Congress (the long established ethnically-based party of Eastern Sudan);
• Ahmed Ibrahim Diraige, a veteran political secularist and Governor of Darfur under Nimeiri, and his Sudan Federal Democratic Alliance;
• Ali Mahmoud Hassanein’s Broad National Front (AC Vol 51 No 21, Northern opposition faces increasing duress), which has been split by the NCP, we hear;
• Kush Liberation Movement (far North, Nubian);
• Sudan Communist Party (once very powerful);
• Hassan Abdullah el Turabi’s Popular Congress Party (PCP), which split from the NIF...